355 Days

Wife, mechanic, gardener, animal lover, artists, cook and student of life. I like to talk about all of it.

Sunday 1 January 2012

Day 2

Today I am teaching a class in roller skate maintenance.  This is my third time teaching this class but still I'm nervous.  Why do I question my own knowledge?  There was a time when certain businesses were competing for me now I doubt my own ability.  BUT in this, the last year I must act and not question.  This is why they teach surgeons and soldiers to just react and not think.  No time to question yourself just accept that you are well trained and respond accordingly.

Tonight I am going to the Skate Park I talked to one of the other girls last night and she's scared too.  Being scared in a group is easier I think.  It's called the Monster Skate Park!  Monster!  I will choose to think of the Sesame Street Monsters instead of something truly terrifying.   Elmo's skate park, Oscar the Grouches skate park, Cookie Monster Skate Park.  See that's not so bad.  Perhaps if I stack it will be into a wall of red, green or blue fur that comes with a hug and word of encouragement.   "Elmo says that was a good try!"

Thanks Elmo, I'm doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment